Mr. Hurd is a Principal & Managing Director at RobertDouglas and brings nearly 20 years of experience in hotel capital markets, acquisitions, and consulting. Evan joined RobertDouglas in 2013 and spent eight years in RobertDouglas’ New York office before establishing the firm’s presence in Nashville in 2021. Prior to joining RobertDouglas, he spent nearly a decade on the principal side of the business working on the hotel acquisitions teams at Barings Real Estate Advisers and HEI Hotels & Resorts. Evan began his career at HVS International, a leading hospitality consulting and appraisal firm, in 2003.
- Barings Real Estate Advisers – Assistant Vice President
- HEI Hotels & Resorts – Director
- HVS International – Senior Associate
- Cornell University, School of Hotel Administration, BS
AFFILIATIONS & INTERESTS
- Cornell Hotel Society
- Cornell University Real Estate
- HVS Alumni
- Long-distance running (D.C. Marine Corps Marathon 2012, Chicago Marathon 2015, New York Marathon 2019, New York City self-marathon 2020)
Evan holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University and is a regular speaker at industry events. He currently resides in Nashville, Tennessee and enjoys morning jogs with his daughter, Charlotte (currently stroller age), spending time with family, many of whom are “neighbors” in Nashville, playing golf (poorly but with pace), cooking Italian food, and enjoying an addictive television series.